Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My first post!

So here is a little bit about us. We got married on May 2, 2009, and have been living in provo for the past year where Kurt was doing his undergrad at BYU.  We had a little baby boy Benson Jay Olson who was born on March 20, 2010 and weighed 6 lbs 8 oz.  We are now living in Richmond, VA where Kurt is going to medical school at VCU and so far we are loving it!
Kurt has been in Virginia since the beginning of August, he got here after a long 3 day road trip with his parents who helped him drive out here with the moving truck and then also helped him move in! So nice of them, that's love!
I stayed in Lethbridge for a lot of August to stay back for some weddings and family events.  I was then able to make myself a part of a trip which my parents gave to David as a grad gift.  They were taking him to the Glenn Beck Restoring Honour Rally in Washington D.C. and then just around to some different american history sights, and since Richmond is so close I was able to tag along and had so much fun! My parents were then able to help us get settled in our home, and were so much help! I love them!




The Restoring Honour Rally was seriously so good! It was so hot and humid and I think we all thought we were going to die, but I'm so glad we went.  It was a very eventful day, and was quite the adventure trying to find our way walking back to the hotel, involving getting lost and running out of sidewalk, forcing us to walk along the side of the freeway, having to climb a tall chain link fence right outside of the pentagon WITH benson and his stroller...not easy, and then my mom getting picked up and escorted back to the hotel in his police car, all of which we did with smiles on our faces...right mom? Don't think we would expect anything less with my dad in charge! But in the end it all worked out, and we were all exhausted at the end of the day.



After D.C. we spent a couple days in Richmond working on our house and then we went to Monticello and Williamsburg which was pretty cool!  I have decided that I want a house exactly like Monticello some day, I don't really have any pictures of it, but it was seriously gorgeous! Kurt wasn't able to come with us to these places because he had school...lame.




This is us leaving Monticello, I seriously love all of the trees here!






David hates this picture because he thinks it makes us look like a family, but when I have a picture of Benson where he is actually looking at the camera I have to take advantage of it!




I was so sad to see my family go home and cried forever but am very excited to start our new life out here in Virginia!

9 comments:

  1. Nice update lady! I can't believe that story about your mom! You guys are all crazy walking the freeway too! Nobody had a map or made a plan, hehe? Cute pics though, love the family pic with you, Benson and David, haha. I am glad you're out there with Kurt now, he was needing you and Benson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paige! I'm totally blog-stalking you on your very post. I noticed the link on Kellie's blog and I couldn't resist. :)

    We're so glad you're here in Richmond! We're lucky to have you live so close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys! Just thought we would say, "Welcome to the blog world"! Fun to see my cuz all grown up with a cute family of his own! Glad your out with Jackie and Doug! Fun pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Paige, it's Lindsey. I thought I saw you at the LRH about a month ago, but I wasn't sure. Anyway, we lived in Herndon, VA for a bit and thought it was amazing! You're really going to love it there. Congratulations on everything. I hope you have lots of fun while your husband is in school. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paige Super cute BLOG!! your baby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blog Paige!!
    I can't wait to hear more about life in Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! Sounds like you had a very eventful trip! I am excited you have a blog now... We can keep tabs on eachother! Benson looks so grown up in those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a cute blog paige!!! Your little guy is so cute!! Can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the blog! Benson looks so big in those pictures! PS Tell David you DEFINATELY look like family in that picture. Have fun in Virginia!

    ReplyDelete