At the end of May, Benson, Brylee and I met my Mom and Dad, and my sister and her two little girls in New York City. It was so much fun! I had never been there before and I loved it! I'm pretty sure everybody looked at us like we were crazy taking four little kids in our double strollers all over downtown NYC, I swear we seriously hardly saw any other kids there! I almost felt like I was in the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, waiting for the child catcher to come out and take our kids away and tell us no kids were allowed there!
We stayed just down the street from FAO Schwarz and so we went to this store a few times, Benson and Addy loved it!
Benson loved this piano, we had to keep going back in line and waiting our turn because he wanted to go on it over and over again
And I loved all the candy!!
On our first day we went to Newsies!! This show was definitely 100% our favorite show that we went to!
I LOVED it!!
Waiting for Lion King to start. Definitely Benson's favorite show.
Times Square was so crazy!! I couldn't believe how bright it was! Even when it was late at night and complete dark outside, it still felt like it was day time because of all the lights!
Walking around Central Park! This park was so pretty and so fun to walk around!
I love this girl
These two have so much fun together! Aren't they cute!
Ground Zero
Wall Street
On one of the afternoons we went to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, and my mom really wanted to do this, and had a very ideal image of how much fun this would be. If any of you know my Dad, you know that he needs a purpose in almost everything he is doing, and so the thought of just walking across the Brooklyn Bridge did not make sense to him. So he was trying to get in everything else he could around the Brooklyn Bridge, and so by the time we actually got there we were already so tired from walking around all day, we only made it half way across the bridge, and my mom's ideal day had been ruined...hence the picture of the ripped map below haha.
I love this picture of my Mom and Dad on top of the Brooklyn Bridge haha because if you knew the daggers that were flying out of my mom's eyes towards him at this moment, but I made them pose for a picture haha.
The ripped map lol
Little Italy! We ate at the most amazing little restaurant here, so good!
Outside Fox news! Definitely a mandatory stop for our family, this station is on our tv for most hours of the day haha.
On our way to a show with their treat bags ready!
On our last night we went to Evita, Ricky Martin was the narrator for this play and it was so good!
Hanging out in Rockefeller Plaza on our last day
This was such an amazing trip, and we had so much fun! I could not believe how awesome the kids were for how often they had to be in there strollers, we lucked out! And I could not believe how much we were able to fit in, in only a few days. Thank you so much for the fun trip Mom and Dad!!
OK that looks like it was a BLAST!!!! haha I love the part about your mom and dad on the bridge thats hilarious. Keep up the updates while your gone!
ReplyDeleteI have so many things to say! First, this made me miss you! you need to come back already. matt and I were just saying the other day how much we miss yours and the vanhille's kids (and you.) that trip looked so great--you still up for labor day?! I'm so jealous you went to three shows--and it looks like you took the kids to all of them!
ReplyDeleteI love NYC! I keep thinking that we need to make another trip up there, but the idea of taking Mason overwhelms me...but you have inspired me! I can't believe you took your 2 babes to NYC and without the help of Kurt! Good for you! It looks like you had such a great time! I hope you are doing well.
ReplyDelete